Send us your events. We will post them here and share on social media.
While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of the events listed, please confirm with the organizer before making any plans.
Upgrade your listing to a Featured Event: $25 for featured in calendar view and $99 for featured in sidebar.
- This event has passed.
Vet Fest – Fowlerville, MI
August 12 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
No one does Vet Fest like VETLIFE does! Mark your calendars for Vet Fest 2023 — Saturday, August 12th from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM at the Fowlerville Fair Grounds (located at: 8800 W Grand River Rd, Fowlerville, MI 48836).
Vet Fest is Michigan’s largest veteran engagement event of the year drawing in several thousand veterans and family members from all around the state. Vet Fest is a free event for all active duty, retired, or military veteran families. Veterans can enjoy a day of camaraderie while learning about a wide variety of veteran specific resources. This event is family orientated and veteran’s family members can enjoy food, bounce houses, live music, backpack and school supply giveaways, and more. All veterans in attendance are also eligible to win a wide variety of prizes valued from $300-$1500.
Registration is required for free entry, and you will be asked to show your military id (Department of Defense Identification Card, Health Identification Card, Veteran ID Card, or veteran designation on a state-issued driver’s license) at check-in.
Vet Fest will feature:
• Live Bands
• Kids Zone (featuring bounce houses and other activities)
• Backpack giveaways to the first 200 school aged children
• Military, EMS, Fire, and Police vehicles on display
• Celebrity appearances
• Six food trucks providing complimentary food and beverages
• A hospitality tent for privacy for nursing mothers and/or diaper changes
• Prizes valued up to $1,500 (awarded to active duty and veterans in attendance)
• Over 60 veteran specific resource providers on site
• Everything at Vet Fest is completely free of charge for veteran families. The only items for purchase at the event are t-shirts sold by VETLIFE and alcoholic beverages (for those 21 and older with a valid ID). Cash, Venmo, and PayPal are accepted methods of payment.
• Please leave your pets at home. Only certified service dogs will be allowed at Vet Fest. Service dogs will be working, and we ask that you please do not distract them with pets or untrained support dogs. Please also advise your children not to pet these working dogs.
• Strollers are welcome at the event. We just ask that you be courteous near the resource tables so that others can walk freely by you.
• Parking is available free of charge. If a handicap spot is needed, please show permit to one of the parking volunteers and they will assist you on where to park.
• Prizes will only be awarded to active duty soldiers and veterans in attendance. You may be asked to provide proof of service before being awarded highly valued prizes.