Send us your events. We will post them here and share on social media.
While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of the events listed, please confirm with the organizer before making any plans.
Upgrade your listing to a Featured Event: $25 for featured in calendar view and $99 for featured in sidebar.
- This event has passed.
Military Service to Business Success Summit
February 23 @ 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
We are excited to host our 1st co-hosted “Military Service to Business Success” Summit, February 23rd, 2023, in Orlando.
FAVOB and the Veterans Entrepreneurship Initiative (VEI) entered a Memorandum of Understanding in 2022 to achieve our shared goal of enabling veteran owned businesses to grow and succeed. We have worked together to launch a VEI cohort and now we are collaborating to present this amazing summit. Veterans Florida is a non-profit created by the State of Florida to help military veterans transition to civilian life and to promote Florida’s status as the nation’s most veteran-friendly state. Veterans Florida provides powerful tools for veterans to take advantage of the benefits of living and working in the Sunshine State.
As in business, there is always a bottom-line. Our bottom line is that people do business with those they know, like and trust. What better way to meet that bottom-line than to attend a summit in which you can:
Get to know our two marque keynote speakers, both veterans who have achieved incredible success after their service and learn from their expertise and experience
- Gene Moran, PhD, USN, and President of Capitol Integration. Gene will speak about Million Dollar Influence℠. His message is to stop working so hard to win at all costs and learn how to truly observe your surroundings that will guide you to a win that sets you up for subsequent wins in business and in life. He will sign books at the event
- Jamal Sowell, USMC, USNR, is the former Florida Secretary of Commerce and former CEO of Enterprise Florida, Inc. Jamal is now President of Business Solutions with Indelible Solutions. Jamal will inspire through his messages of service and sacrifice to this great nation and the State of Florida
Get to know and learn from veterans who have built incredible businesses
- 1st panel – “Veteran Success Stories: Stories of the victories and struggles for veterans in business” from both VEI alumni and FAVOB members
Learn more about the opportunities in the great State of Florida
- 2nd panel – The “State of the State for Veteran Owned Businesses in Florida.” State organizations who help create and improve opportunities for Florida veteran owned business. Our confirmed and invited panelist include:
- Florida Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veterans Florida
- Small Business Administration
- Office of Supplier Diversity
- Enterprise Florida
Learn more about Contracting – Federal, State, Local and Military opportunities
- 3rd panel of experts from both “inside the system” and those who can help veteran owned businesses navigate government contracting – opportunities, approaches, and financing
Learn more about Commercial Supplier Diversity opportunities
- 4th panel of experts from commercial companies who are looking to fill their supply chain with veterans and the diversity we bring, along with those who can connect VOB’s with opportunities, approaches, and financing
Introduce your company or organization to summit participants = 130+ FAVOB Trustees, members and VEI Alumni attendees
- Limited expo tables and pre- and post-summit expo hall
- Opportunity to market your company or organization – brochures and pamphlets and any swag as giveaways. Opportunity to bring items of value such as coupons, discounts, or products for raffle prizes
- Networking throughout the summit and at our Opportunity After Hours event
- For FAVOB members, an invitation to attend FAVOB’s annual membership meeting
Sponsorship opportunities to position your company as a provider, supplier, or vendor with the +400 FAVOB members in five chapters – Orlando, Space Coast, Greater Tampa Bay, NE Jacksonville, NW Panhandle
Depending on your selected sponsorship level:
- FAVOB membership included with all membership benefits, additional 2023 sponsorship opportunities, recognition, and access to FAVOB leadership
- Speaking opportunity during the event
- Pre- AND post-summit; print, social media, email, and newsletter promotion of your products and services